When Adam and I got married a friend of mine (Mallie Ellison) painted us a canvas rug and it has been my favorite thing in our house since. So for Christmas I decided to try painting one for my mom and her brand new kitchen. After I finished I loved it so much I thought I would paint another one for my brother and his wife. They are my best creations yet and I can't wait for the day that Adam and I own our own home again and I can paint something for myself. They were extremely time consuming to make but not that hard. Here's how I did it.
Buy a large roll of canvas from hobby lobby using the 40% off coupon. Unfortunately they don't have double sided painted with gypsum so you also have to buy gypsum to paint the other side. Cut to the size you want, hot glue the edges under and start painting. Just use the little bottles of acrylic paint. After you finish painting seal it with water based polyurethane, 5 coats, and your done (that sounds a lot easier and faster then the real deal, count on this being a three day project). It was really fun to try my hand at painting and I loved it. I know I'm not a true painter, more of a tracer and line kind of girl, but I might try free handing it soon!

1 comments:
these turned out great....I totally want to try it, but am SCARED!!!
Post a Comment