
For those of you that read this little blog but don"t get a Christmas card in the mail from our family here is a blog-card just for you!!
Now the story behind the smiles. I am one of those crazy ladies who loves family photos. I love matching everyone and finding the perfect back ground and of course taking the photo myself with our trusty tripod and our remote clicker to save tons of money. So this year I got together outfits for the girls and found a cute outfit for myself and since Adam is the only guy in our family he usually just ends up in a white shirt to blend in with all of us girls. Adam was duck hunting the morning of the big picture shoot with instructions to be home and ready by ten. He missed his mark by a WHOLE 15 min so naturally he was to blame for my oncoming stress as I wondered if there would be shade or if the sun would be a problem. And since he was out hunting I was in charge of getting all the gear in the car and getting everything and everyone ready. So when I forgot the remote clicker and remembered half way to the barn, a good twenty min drive, I started loosing it. We went home to get it and due to loss of time we opted for a closer barn that we found along to way that worked out great. Of course stopping at a closer barn didn't happen in a simple and straight forward way. We had already passed one barn and I did the woman thing be saying "that barn would work" but didn't actually tell Adam to stop. When we passed the second barn I said it again and was a little frustrated that he wasn't reading my mind and stopping at my hints I was giving out. I let him know of my hints so he very lovingly (hmmph) turned around and asked why I didn't just tell him to stop. (don't forget he's dealing with a crazy at this time). So we get there and I set everything up and of course the clickers battery is not working. I tell Adam, lets just go home, everyone was in a bad mood and smiles would not come easily but we continued on. I put Adam in charge of pushing the self timer button and running back to our sweet family photo. In the end, with plenty of marshmallows passed around if the girls would stand and smile, we came out with a few OK pictures. It was funny to me because as soon as the pictures were over I was back to my happy stress free self. Why do I love pictures so much? I do this at least twice a year and I'm sure Adam is glad its not more often. So there's our Christmas picture story.
Merry Christmas!!!

1 comments:
I would have never known all that had gone on!! Those girls are too precious! We enjoyed getting our card in the mail, by the way!! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment