Friday, March 4, 2011

Zoo Trip





Posted by Picasa




This past weekend we took a trip to the zoo! Unfortunately Adam started getting sick while we were there so Ella and I did most of the fun stuff while Adam took Lizette duty and sat with her a lot. The rest of us had just gotten over a stomach bug and Adam that night had it full blown. Anyway, the weather was perfect and the animals were all up and going. So fun to watch them in motion!

On a side note I wanted to tell you about this chair and the amazing deal it came by. I found up at the pottery barn outlet about two months ago the cover for this chair. It had another girls name on it (I picked it off) but it only cost $4! So I thought surely I can find an old anywhere chair on craigslist, put my new cover on it and it could be an inexpensive birthday present. So I looked for two months and never found one on craigslist. Then the day before her birthday someone posted two for sale but you had to buy both. At first I wasn't sure but my brain started ticking and I knew I could almost come out for free if I worked it right. So I bought both, cleaned one up to resale and put the other insert into my fresh new cover. I ended up selling the other one for ten dollars less then I payed for both of them. So for $14 dollars I was able to give Ella an Anywhere Chair for her birthday that would have cost me $125 if I had bought it new. She loves sitting in her room and reading books in the chair. She also loves it so much that we found her asleep in it one night when we went to check on her before we went to bed!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chad and Mollie Hayes said...

Impressive deal on the chair--you're always so good at that!! I can't believe how big Ella is!! We need to take a trip to the zoo soon,too.

Amy said...

We love our Anywhere Chairs!

Clara Evelyn said...

bentley, teach me your ways. i need to learn to shop like you!