A little frufru but I think they will be fun this winter. If the pants don't do it for me I will just put the tops over jeans.
For Lizette. I tried out flower making and loved how it turned out. I already have plans to make another outfit for both girls with more flowers!
Yes, I have been sewing winter clothes already. We are getting ready to move in the next few weeks and will be crazy busy until mid august and I, being the over planner, wanted to get these done before the move. So here are a few fun outfits for the girls!!
Cost brake down:
Leggings, free from mother in law. Purple dresses, the material is an old pottery barn kids curtain from the thrift store and cost .99 and the rick rack was 1.50 Total cost = 2.50 for both outfits.
Pillow case dresses and pants made out of an old pottery barn sheet found at the thrift store. Total cost for pants and dresses = .99
Lizette's flower shirt and pants. The pants came from a consignment store at .99 and the shirt cost .99 as well. Ribbon was all scraps I had. Total cost = 2.00
So for five outfits the cost comes to $5.50

4 comments:
SO adorable! I love the bold floral print as well, too cute! Would you be willing to share your pillowcase pattern? I have looked for one online and there are several with different directions. Yours are always so cute so I thought I'd ask. :)
Praying for ya'll as you get ready to move.
Red, you would laugh if you have ever seen me sew! I'm the type who see something I like in a store or online and just figure it out as I go. I've only used a pattern once! So fir the pillowcase dress, I just take some material, lay a dress that is the right length and width that they they already have on top of the fabric. Add two or so inches for the hem and about four inches for the top part that the ribbon goes in. The only thing I do that makes the shape less rectangle is I start at the bottom and cut a long triangle out that once at the top is about four inches wide and the length of the dress(this let's it fall a little better when they have it on). I then cut where the arms will be by making another triangle cut, just eye it to how much room the arms will need. Not sure if this makes any since! I will try to post pictures of the next one I make!
Bentley, you are the King Midas of the sewing world, everything you touch turns to cuteness! Love all the girls outfits....and the ribbon flowers are great! Super Job! I love the ruffle frufru pants!! :)
Those pants and shirts are adorable together. Even if you can only take one at a time like you said the tops can go with jeans and the pants with cute long sleeved tee-shirts so it won't e too much all at once :)
Post a Comment