Friday, September 17, 2010

Showered by gifts and blessings!






Posted by Picasa




Thursday night a bunch of ladies from my bible study and Sunday school class from church gave me a sweet shower in honor of our second daughter. I had so much fun getting to be with them and getting to see what God wants for his children when he tells us to love and fellowship with one another. I told Adam when I got home that I was so glad this little girl did not come before this shower because it was something I would not have wanted to miss. These women whom I have only known for a few months have opened their hearts and given so much of their time for their sister in Christ. The best gift given was their gift of love and support. I am truly blessed and I don’t deserve to be. Isn’t Gods grace amazing!? Moving here was hard but God has shown himself in ways that I would not miss for anything and I am so glad we were given this opportunity to learn and grow in Christ’s grace and mercy.


But about the gifts for this little girl. She came away with lots of diapers and wipes, a sling that will come in handy now that I have two and need my hands free, and many handmade items. My friend that swims with us each week has a sister in-law who has a sewing business and had her make a diaper caddy thing for her diaper bag, a nursing cover up, a blanket and bibs all that match her bedding and diaper bag that I had already made. Thank you sweet friends for all the many gifts!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Barbara said...

Ooh, it looks like everyone had a great time. I know God blesses us in ways that we only need to see. Sometimes in small ways but also in huge ways. You are truly blessed! Love you.