Monday, August 16, 2010

Spoiled by my Father

God is truly an amazing father, one who I have found spoils his children very often. We have been thinking a lot about our life here in Texas and how we dreaded having to start over, make new friends and just find a whole new rhythm of life in a new place. Friday we went to a friend’s house to eat dinner and then on Sunday we went to another friend’s house to go swimming and eat brownies and ice cream. Could we be anymore spoiled? God has truly blessed us with friendships that have bloomed so quickly and are growing each week. When we first came to San Antonio we found a sweet church just a month after moving and have been plugging in ever since. I am in a ladies bible study and Ella and I go to story time/play group as well. Adam has recently started helping out with the middle school kids and has really been blessed by the other men in the ministry.
About a month and a half ago I told Adam that I just didn’t think it was possibly to really find deep meaningful relationships in such a short time period (we are only here for about a year) and that I was just going to have to face this life of traveling around and know that friends might not be a part of it. I know that God heard me in my doubt and little pity party. Instead of letting me dwell there (like I deserved) He answered our prayers (even though we had not been faithfully praying for an answer). What an amazing Father!! I feel spoiled everyday as I look at my sweet growing family, the home that God has provided for us, and the friendships he continues to bless us with.





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chad and Mollie Hayes said...

I'm so happy to hear of the blessings
God has spoiled you with! Looks like Ella is having fun!

Barbara said...

God is ALWAYS good, even when we don't understand. I love you guys so much and am so glad for your "spoiling"