Friday, July 13, 2012

Lets start at the beginning




Life has been quite a battle since moving to Alabama but we know God brought us here at the very moment we needed to be here. Not only to be close to family but to have family close to us when we need them the most.
We closed on our house may 25th and moved in on memorial day. Three days later Lizette fell off of our new kitchen bench and broke her arm. While at the hospital I find out that my dad was also admitted to the hospital in Gadsden for extreme back pain that his doctor was afraid was pancreatic cancer. I was just trying to deal with my own crazy day that went on until 11 that night with many issues from the hospital. I wont get into them all on here but apparently to the hospital a child under two should not have a broken arm! Thankfully my sister lives close and could help us out that night. After that weekend my dad was moved to Birmingham on Sunday night to check and see if he truly had cancer and what could be done. On Monday he was diagnosed and was given at most six months. I was amazed with the peace my dad had with the news and was so thankful to get to spend the next few days at the hospital with him as much as my girls would allow. By the time he went home on wed the 6th he was already on more pain meds and I could tell things were moving faster then the six months put before us. Thursday the 7th Lizette had her follow up on her broken arm and we found out that the Doctor who originally set it did a horrible job and it had to be reset the next day under anesthesia. It was quite a huge ordeal and was scary for both Adam and myself to watch our little girl be taken back for surgery. Thankfully our new doctor did a great job and no surgery was needed.
We spent that Friday night and Saturday at home with dad and it was great. My sister and I went up wed the 13th and dad had already changed a lot but it was great to have him all to just us. All my siblings went home that weekend and spent the whole fathers day weekend with him. It was great being all together and enjoying our large and fun family. By Sunday my dad was pretty bad. My sister and I had planned on driving back to be with him Tuesday morning but dad passed away at 2:30 am that Tuesday the 19th. I still cant believe that from the time we found out, we only had two weeks with him. But I am truly thankful that I had so many good talks with him and know that his heart was the Lords! There was a lot of healing that went on in our family in the two weeks we had. Healing that I know my dad would choose the same ending just to get to see again.
Lizette is still in a cast but we updated to a water proof cast last week and only have two weeks left!! So that's life around here. Like I said, its been a battle and we are still fighting.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chad and Mollie Hayes said...

Wow! Bentley!! What a crazy ride for you guys! I am so sorry about your dad--I know that must be extremely difficult!! We will continue praying for you and your sweet family!!

Adam, Bentley and Ella Carr said...

Thanks mollie! We love you guys and hope a visit will happen soon! We will in atlanta aug 4th and if there's room we might hit you up for the night.

Red said...

Oh my goodness Bentley! I'm so sorry for your loss. There really are no words. I'm so grateful the Lord moved mountains to get where you needed to be. Praying for you all as you continue to settle in. Much love!