Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Repurposed Smocking



I found this cute smocking on a different outfit at the thrift store for .99 cents. I thought it was too cute to not try and do something with it. The outfit it was on was a bubble for a newborn and I just didn't like the way it looked. So three years later I decided to try and make a dress using the smocked part from the other outfit. I ripped it apart (three years ago) and used a dress Ella already had as a reverence and put it back together in a new dress for Ella. I loved how it turned out and the cheap price I payed for such a sweet little dress, $4!! She didn't have any pink in her Sunday wardrobe so it was the perfect time to put the smocking piece to good use!

This burp cloth and onesie I made for a friend in our small group from church. She just had a little girl, Ryan Elizabeth, and I had to add some pink to all her older brothers hand me downs.
I'm really into the colors pink and orange right now and love this fabric (given to me from another friend from church). I wish I had more then Hobby Lobby fabrics to pick from here in Clarksville.

2 comments:

Meredith Houston Carr said...

So pretty!!! I'm impressed, as always :-). I also love the pink and orange combo - it really pops!

kimberly t. bowling said...

Adorable! Love the new fabric too!