I thought I would try to update you on Ella from our last blog entrée. Thursday the 27th Ella started with feedings, I got to feed her with a bottle and she did really well. She ate five feedings every three hours until she spit up some green mucus and they stopped feeding her. They told us that it could be that Ella is just not ready to eat because of how sick her intestines had been so they let her rest Friday and Saturday and started the feedings again on Sunday. Sunday night she spit up again with just a little green so again they stopped feeding her. Because Ella had an intestinal infection they thought that she might have a structure, a blockage in her intestines were the infection might have healed and caused scar tissue to build up. On Monday they did a lower GI test were they inserted dye through her bottom to watch and see if the dye hit a stricture and stopped flowing or if the dye would hopefully flow easily through her intestines. The test went well and she was clear of strictures. The dye has to clear out of her before they can do the second part of the test so now we are waiting on the upper GI test to test the upper portion of her intestines for strictures. The dye did not clear out on Tuesday so we are hoping that it will be clear today so that we can get the results from the upper GI test. Please pray that all will be clear so that she can move on with her feedings. Yesterday we had some exciting news. Ella moved to a big girl room and a big girl crib. That just tells us that she is very stable and does not require the attention and equipment that she did before. I am very excited about this because I will now be able to get her in and out of the bed myself and will not need the nurses help unhooking her from her old bed. We will try to update as soon as we hear about the upper GI test.
Here are a few pictures of her test and new bed.
Here are a few pictures of her test and new bed.


1 comments:
Hey ya'll,
Ella is looking so big!! She just gets cuter every time you add new photo's. It sounds like she is doing much better, and hopefully the next test will come out good. I'm still prayer for her as I'm sure everyone else is. but keep adding new pictures when you can, I love looking at them!
-Allie
Post a Comment