Monday, April 14, 2008

April 14

Lets see, Ella has not really had any major changes over the last couple of days. She is only eating very little through the bottle with thickened breast milk just to give her practice but is mainly getting her food through the tube. We talked with the doctor yesterday about the plan to get Ella home and she was very encouraging. She told us that Ella will not need her IV in a few days and at that point we could do the tube feeding from home. So Adam and I have been very pushy to make this happen. We learned yesterday how to put the tube down her nose and how to feed her through it and I am going in early today to hopefully get her next swallow test scheduled so that she can start eating more through the bottle. This has been the first time that the doctors have ever mentioned that Ella could go home so we are so excited and are just trying to make sure the doctors get on the ball with all that needs to be done before she leaves. Please pray that her swallow test goes well, that she has matured and is not aspirating while eating anymore. I will update on what the doctors have planned after I meet with them today.

0 comments: