Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ella's First Christmas





Christmas is always a whirlwind for us. It started two weeks before Christmas at my grandparents on my dads side in Gadsden, who all got to see miss Ella for the first time. The next weekend we went back to Gadsden and had a second Christmas with Adams Parents(thankfully both of these trips were day trips or Ella and I would have gone crazy being away from home two weekends in a row). Christmas morning we started off in Atlanta and had Christmas morning with just the three of us. Ella had a lot of fun playing with wrapping paper and occasionally with her new toys. After a fun breakfast and a quick clean up we headed to Gadsden, AL again to spend the rest of the day with my family. We had a blast hanging out with all of my brothers and sisters, getting to see my sisters engagement ring and talking about wedding ideas. So fun! My sister and I decided this year that we would cook Christmas lunch for the whole family. It ended up being 17 people after my grandmother, uncle and a few cousins joined us. It was quite an adventure but we went with the nontraditional much easier to cook meal, gumbo and corn bread!! We had a lot of fun cooking and figuring out what we were doing. We spent the rest of the weekend in Gadsden. Adam went duck hunting a couple of times getting to use all of his new hunting gear. We ending Saturday with our last Christmas at my grandmothers and all the 18 cousins, plus spouses!! Ella was passed around and half the time Adam and I didn't know where she was or who had her. She is such a great kid and is happy being with anyone, who needs mom and dad! Adam and I really enjoyed getting to catch up with everyone and enjoy the conversation of my crazy cousins. A day of laughing!
We headed to Auburn to hang out with me sister and our soon to be brother in-law for new years, which really is just everyone celebrating for Adams birthday! We hung around to help them move my sister back home so she could put her full forces into wedding planning. I hope she lives through the next three months after not living at home for four years!!










2 comments:

Chad and Mollie Hayes said...

I'm glad to hear you had a good Christmas!!And yay! Your sister is finally engaged--I know that was exciting for everyone!! Happy Birthday to Adam too, I'm sorry we missed that!!! We need to catch up soon!

Meredith Houston Carr said...

Thanks!! We did have fun--i love your pictures, too! My goodness, what a precious little girl. I especially like the one in front of your tree w/ her Santa pj's :) So cute!