Thursday, July 10, 2008

Look what my mom made me!

If you can believe it I thought I would try to make a dress for Ella. I have never used a pattern before and if you have ever seen me sew I tend to just make things up and figure it out myself without any directions. So this is my first attempt at dress making. Hopefully there will be many more, this was just a test dress to see if I could figure it out.


I found the material for next to nothing so I didn't have anything to loose. Ella thought it was quite funny because of the swooshy noise it made. She also thought it tasted better then it looked. I wasn't totally satisfied with how it turned out. I need to get better at reading the pattern and actually following it.





3 comments:

Amy said...

Very Cute! We missed you yesterday. Hope you can make it to playgroup next week.

Meredith Houston Carr said...

WOW!! I am so impressed sis--you'll have to teach me how to sew one of these days :)

Chad and Mollie Hayes said...

How precious!! You are such a great seamstress! We need to get together soon before my summer ends! I'll give you a call.