Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ella's First Hair Cut

The before shot. Can you believe how long her hair is? The last five inches caused extreme tangles that led to crying EVERY day and are the reason for this first hair cut.




What a big girl. She loved watching in the mirror.




What a cutie!

Ella got her first hair cut this week and is looking quite grown up! I decided to make it a girls night out so we went to get her hair cut, went to Claire's to find some new hair accessories, and then went out to eat and out for ice cream, just the two of us! It was so much fun to get to hang out with just Ella. So back to the hair cut. My plan was to donate it to Locks of Love but when I was shown how short it would have to be, 11 inches off, I couldn't do it. I was sad to let such beautiful hair not be passed on for some little girl in need but I just couldn't wait six more months or longer to let it grow three more inches to cut it. So we went with cutting 8 inches off. It feels so healthy and she did great! I thought I would cry or be a little more sad but in the end I was more nervous for Ella than anything. I was afraid she would cry and be sad about it but I should have known better. She still doesn't really care about clothes or looking a certain way so in the end she was just glad it wouldn't hurt anymore to brush her hair. So here she is, my big girl Ella, as I am reminded daily by her (not little girl mommy, big girl).

1 comments:

kimberly t. bowling said...

We considered the same thing a few months back with Tyner Beth, but I didn't think I could do the short short bob on her either. Still, when it was over and she had about 5-6 inches cut off, I was like, "gosh, why didn't we do this sooner"...her hair was so much healthier looking and felt better to her too. Ella looks PRECIOUS with her new haircut...and a total BIG GIRL!