Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sewing a pumpkin patch!





Adam went out of town camping with some men from church so it has just been Ella and me this weekend. I decided we should do only fun things since we were stuck at home and not the things that need to be done (clean the house, wash clothes). So all day we have been laying around the house together playing on the floor, swinging in the new swing that Adam just put up for Ella, and of course sewing, my favorite. I plan on taking Ella to a pumpkin patch whenever they arrive to take some fun pictures of her but I didn’t have anything for her to wear that looked like fall. I found a dish towel that was the perfect material (and it was free!!!). I would never use the towel because it doesn’t match our kitchen. I thought I could surely make something out of it for Ella. I have been looking at these cute pillowcase dresses and thought I would base the design off of one. The problem was that it would still look plain. During Ella’s nap I searched on the internet for something to jazz it up and the idea came to me, not from searching but from my own kitchen. I have a felt pumpkin guy and I thought I could create a felt pumpkin to stitch onto the dress. I added some ribbon and it all came together. When I was all done it turned out so cute I thought I would share it for everyone to see. Can't you just see her in it with a white shirt and black leggings? How cute!!

1 comments:

Amy said...

I read this after I saw you at church. The dress is adorable. I only asked if you made it because I knew you had the talent :) Hope you have had a good week.